More than taking Tramadol, it is very important to take it in a right way. To ensure this there is only one way and that is to consult with the healthcare professional. There is no one long list that mentions that these drugs can be taken with Tramadol and these medications cannot be taken with the mentioned pill. A healthcare professional would instruct you either not to take certain drugs along with this pain relieving medication or alter the time at which it is taken.
What kind of drugs would have a negative impact on Tramadol?
When Tramadol is taken with non-prescription medications, prescription drug, and even herbal supplements there are chances of interactions. We would list out some of the medications that would have a negative impact on Tramadol
- Antidepressants like Vanatrip, Zoloft, Lexapro, Prozac, Pamelor, Paxil, Sarafem, Norpramin, Tofranil, Celexa, and Luvox.
- Anti-anxiety medications
- Drugs taken to treat cold and allergies
- Seizure medications
- Sleeping pills
- Muscle relaxants
- Other pain relieving medications
What would happen if Tramadol is taken with these medications?
- When Tramadol is taken with anti-anxiety pills, sleeping drugs, cold/allergy medication, muscle relaxers or seizure medicines, it would increase the sleepiness in your body.
- There are also chances that a person would get affected by various Tramadol side effects which would have a very negative impact on your body. Apart from that, these interactions might change the way that tramadol works in a patient.
- If you are planning to take any medication then you have to tell the doctor about it while on Tramadol treatment.
- This includes ADHD medications like Ritalin, Adderall or Strattera, Antibiotics such as erythromycin, telithromycin, rifampin or clarithromycin, Antifungals like itraconazole, voriconazole, miconazole or clotrimazole, Cancer medications (imatinib, nilotinib, gefitinib), Heart rhythm medications such as amiodarone, Rythmol, Quin-G, or Tambocor, HIV/AIDS medications like atazanavir, delavirdine, ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir or nelfinavir, drugs for blood pressure like diltiazem, verapamil, or nifedipine, as well as Headache and migraine medications.
The above-mentioned drugs are not the only ones that would interact negatively with Tramadol medication. There are so many pills in the market, so it is definitely not possible to tell about each and every drug that is bad to be taken with this pain relieving medication. The best way is to check with the healthcare professional about the drug no matter what kind it is and then administer it.
Even after taking so many precautions, there are possibilities of drug interactions. In this case, it is very important to seek medical help as quickly as possible without any further delay. Make sure that you take Tramadol in a proper way and benefitted by getting an effective pain relief in your body.